What to look for in a sub player, and how to slay the gig when you’re filling in for someone.
Have you subscribed already?
What to look for in a sub player
- Compatible with band
- Able to take shorthand notes (not that kind)
- Do some homework, take it seriously
- Has the gear to carry the gig
What should the sub do?
- Contact before so they know you’re on the case, establish where/when etc.
- Try to establish some camaraderie with the band, set them at ease
- Let them know you’re open to feedback
- Show up prepared and on time
- Listen way more than you speak
- Thank the band for letting you sit in