How did we manage to spend even more time recording together over the season break, and still like each other?
VaMos band recorded here at the home studio
- It was serious enough Paul finally named the studio
- Dave — Describe the project and the goals
Dave, what were you most worried about walking in? And how did you deal with it?
- Having the parts come through as intended — felt safe doing that
- Corralling the band, keeping things working properly
Paul, what about you?
- First time recording people other than myself, it was all about their songs
- Artist relationship as well as friends
- A few people had done recording before
- Making sure I had the chops and the gear to make sure they weren’t waiting on me
- A lot of work ahead of time
- Sorting out gear, cables, connections, testing lines, etc.
- A lot of reading and also YouTube to check my approach
- Assistant engineering
- What you expected and what you ended up doing
- Bassist plus band leader
What surprised you the most?
- More production vs getting in and out
- How much I enjoyed being on the outside
- Dave: another outlet for music energy other than gigs
Photo by Michael Weibel on Unsplash.